When the weather gets too frightful, it’s time to trade in your hot cocoa and mittens for cocktails and a swimsuit! If you’re looking to escape the cold, check out these seven off the beaten path beaches for the perfect winter getaway.
1. Englishman’s Bay - TobagoTobago is known for its laid-back vibes and its beaches are no exception. Englishman’s Bay is a beach made for those looking to lounge and relax. Like a scene out of a movie, Englishman’s Bay is a secluded and scenic beach perfect for swimming with a beautiful view of blue waters and lush rainforest trees.
Pair This Beach With Swoon'sBirds of Paradise + Cosmic Connection Reversible Tie-Front Bikini Top
2. Playa Tortuga - Isla Culebrita, Puerto RicoEscape the crowded, touristy beaches of Puerto Rico by heading to Isla Culebrita and the hidden beach of Playa Tortuga. Located only by boat or airplane, Playa Tortuga is one of Puerto Rico’s most unique beaches. With warm, calm waters, Playa Tortuga is home to nesting sea turtles, good hiking, and more!
Pair This Beach With Swoon'sBlue Lagoon Triangle Bikini Top
3. Balandra Beach - La Paz, MexicoInstead of going to nearby Cabo, escape to Balandra Beach. Located on the Baja California peninsula, Balandra Beach feels like your own personal slice of heaven compared to its more popular, and overcrowded, neighboring beaches. With glass-like water, this beautiful cove is surrounded by rock formations and is perfect for kayaking or paddle boarding.
Pair This Beach With Swoon'sTahitian Sunrise + Repreve® Red Triangle Bikini Top
4. Playa Estrella - Bocas del Toro, PanamaLocated on the remote side of Isla Colón in the Bocas del Toro Province of Panama, Playa Estrella is known for its tranquil waters and white sandy beach. This beach is perfect for all kinds of visitors from those who want to relax to more active types who like to spend their vacations on kayaks or water bikes. Playa Estrella gets its name from the hundreds of starfish that spend their days lounging in the shallow water off the coast of this magical beach.
Pair This Beach With Swoon'sPetals and Polk-a-Dots Reversible Tie-Front Bikini Topp
5. Pata Prieta Beach - Vieques, Puerto RicoTruly off the beaten path, Pata Prieta Beach is only accessible by a steep gravel path. But once you’ve reached your destination, you’ll see why this beach is worth the journey. Enjoy a relaxing swim in the calm waters of this small beach cove inside the Vieques National Wildlife Refuge. Thanks to the everchanging blue colors of the water and the greenery that surrounds this sandy beach, Pata Prieta is the perfect place to spend a vacation escaping the cold.
Pair This Beach With Swoon'sBirds of Paradise + Cosmic Connection Reversible Wrap Bikini Top
6. Makua Beach - Oahu, HawaiiWhen you think of Oahu, you probably think of Honolulu and overcrowded beaches. However, on the other side of the island, you’ll find Makua Beach, a beautiful and secluded golden sand beach. Popular with surfers, Makua Beach is hard to get to but worth it for stunning sunsets, snorkeling, and a local vibe.
Pair This Beach With Swoon'sCherry Red Recycled Spandex Tie-Front Bikini Top
7. Dry Tortugas National Park - Key West, FloridaOne of the least visited national parks in America, Dry Tortugas is an undiscovered gem for a winter getaway. Another tricky spot to get to, Dry Tortugas rewards its visitors with crystal blue waters, a white sandy beach, snorkeling, and the chance to spot turtles! And for the history lover, Dry Tortugas is home to Fort Jefferson, a massive but unfinished fortress.
Pair This Beach With Swoon'sSALE – 50% OFF Liquid Leopard High Waisted Bikini Bottom